Omni Ecosystems Green Roof Assembly
The Omni Roof™ system brings together state-of-the-art green roof design with growing media that replicates soil ecosystems.
The result is an ultra-lightweight green roof that grows food, flowers, sedum, natives and many more plant options.
The system is easy to install and to maintain. The growing media is self-regenerative so that soil nutrition improves over time.
A Comprehensive System
Omni Ecosystems™ has developed comprehensive green roof technology, an industry first.
Whereas extensive green roofs are lightweight, low maintenance but only grow a few types of plants, and intensive green roofs grow many types of plants but are heavy and high maintenance. Our new comprehensive technology allows for the best of both systems.
Comprehensive green roofs allow for plant varieties usually seen in intensive green roofs while weighing less than a typical extensive green roof.
Built-in-Place: A Cost-Effective Alternative to Pre-Grown Trays
The Omni Ecosystems™ built-in-place green roof system is an ideal cost-saving option for installation on large tray roofs. Omni BIP is efficient to install and has quick plant establishment. Sedum can take up to 2 years to establish to 80% coverage. Omni BIP achieves 80% coverage in 5 weeks and 95% coverage in 9 weeks. The Omni BIP option is the most popular green roof choice.
Designing a New Kind of System
Our advanced technology breathes new life into the green roofing industry. Some key features:
1. LIGHTWEIGHT, EFFICIENT DESIGN
• Drainage element bottom is created with filter fabric instead of plastic, significantly reducing the amount of material used.
• Fully saturated weight of the 3”-deep system is 15 pounds per square foot, due to the unique Infinity™ Growing Media.
• Lightweight design is ideal for existing buildings.
2. BIOLOGICAL ENHANCEMENTS
• Infinity™ Growing Media substantially improves soil nutrition versus traditional green roof media. The soil is self-regenerative and promotes long-term plant health.
• An environment that replicates a natural, living soil ecosystem is created. This allows for a large variety of plant options, including sedum, meadow mix, food, natives, perennial flowers, grasses, woody plants, and custom selections.
3. EVEN & EFFICIENT WATER DISTRIBUTION
• Consistently irrigates through growing season to avoid drought.
• Properly drains during storm events.
• Increases plant production.
• Improves health of growing media biologicals.
• Cools the building.
4. STRENGTH & DURABILITY
• All drainage elements interlock via male-female connectors on sides.
• Custom maintenance guidelines for every green roof.
• Green & vegetated within two months.
• Large variety of color, height and texture in plants.
• Irrigation tubes and supply lines are hidden.
6. EASY INSTALLATION
• Omni Ecosystems™ Green Roof is easy to install in 5 steps: unroll fabric, assemble irrigation system and drainage system and prepare growing media and seeds.